Saturday, March 14, 2009

Complaint Resolution Unit

A reader wrote she had recently lost her mother and felt it was directly related to being neglected by the facility in which her mother was living. For the State of Washington there is the Complaint Resolution Unit (CRU) hotline number which is 1-800-562-6078. If you observe, or are treated in an abusive manner in a Nursing Home, Assisted Living Center or Adult Family Home call the hotline. This unit deals with abuse of vulnerable adults living in Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Centers, Boarding Homes, Alzheimer's units and Adult Family Homes.

For individuals living in their own home that experience abuse or observe someone being abused the number to call is the Adult Protective agency for your area. To report child abuse call the child protective services for your area.

I've added the CRU number underneath the title of the blog for easy reference.

My condolences to the lady and her family that recently loss their beloved mother. I lost my older brother to pneumonia January 31, 2009. This is a tough time for many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is the E-mail address to voice complaints? I do not want my voice recorded for fear of losing my job when i make my complaint. My e-mail address is Thank you!!!