Thirteen things I am grateful for
1. The time I had with my mother and father before they passes on.
2. The traditions they passed on to me.
3. The family recipes that were passed down and now I can give them to my daughter.
4. Our humble house to enjoy with family and friends.
5. To be able to enjoy the sights and smells of the holiday season.
6. Thankful all the noise is only temporary.
7. A good excuse to break out the photo albums and relive all those memories.
8. Friends and family with which to share Thanksgiving.
9. Humor that happens between people who care about one another.
10. Guests to play games with.
11. Promise for the future.
12. Good health and the ability to work.
13. The hope to be able to do it all over again next year.
Best wishes to everyone for a memorable happy Thanksgiving!
Please visit more Thursday Thirteen!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I shouldn't be surprised at how different one nurse can be from another even though they work in the same industry Assisted Living. Nursing is like all professions, each professional determines how they will mold their career. I met a nurse today who has been a nurse for awhile however is new to the Assisted Living arena. She is very impressive and I believe will make wonderful contributions to the lives of the residents she serves. As I think about the qualities I observed about her I would say her sense of genuine caring was the hallmark. She thinks about what she is doing and how it will affect the whole community. When asked why she chose to do one thing a certain way rather than another her answer was immediate and her thought process was evident. I don't imagine she will do everything perfect, however look forward to working with her and perhaps learning a thing or two. Exposure to a new point of view is healthy.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I always enjoy seeing all the costumes the children wear on Halloween. We usually have quite a few come by our house. My 2 year old granddaughter who lives in Georgia, her mom and dad took her to the mall to trick or treat. I am hoping for pictures.