Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today was a good day!

Today was interesting. I was able to visit the lady I had mentioned in an earlier post who doesn't remember talking to me. However today was a good day because she did remember talking to me on the phone and was very delighted I had time to visit with her in person. She talked for an hour and fifty minutes. The power went out for about ten minutes in the facility, just after I arrived to my friend's apartment and staff quickly came around to check on each resident. My friend did not seem surprised that the young girl came to check on her so apparently this is a routine; when the power goes out at anytime residents are checked on. During my visit, three different staff stopped by and my friend knew them all by name. Yes, today was a good day.

No comments: